Poker is popular. It has always been so in the west with celebrities, novels, Television all having an element of poker in them. Poker is one of the classic card games played in casinos the world over. Popular poker variations include Texas Hold’em, Omaha and Seven-Card Stud.
The present online card game market however looks like its host to rummy more than poker or bridge or other such card games. It’s not that these games aren’t interesting. The opposite of good need not always be bad. It is that rummy is easier, simpler, fetching and doesn’t challenge the player as much with rules and complications. For a better understanding, let’s take a look at how poker games work.
Like all other card games, poker is played using a standard 4-suit 52-card deck. The game can be played by 2 to 7 players and the deal and play are clockwise. Usually, the ace is the highest ranking card but sometimes, it may be assigned a lower rank. The wild card or joker too may come into play in this card game. But more often than not poker is considered to have no jokers. When show down happens, players other than the winner compare their cards based on the card rankings. For the purposes of comparing hands all suits are equal.
The game of poker can be easily summarized thus:
- The game may be played for a bet, in which case players put together their money chips into what is called a pot or pool.
- The dealer or button then deal out cards to everyone
- Once the cards are dealt, players may increase their contribution to the pot and other players have to follow suit. This is called folding.
- One betting round ends when all active players have contributed an equal amount to the pot. Based on the poker variant being played, players may exchange cards over several betting rounds
- At the end of the last betting round the player with the best five cards wins the pot.
That said, the online rummy card game certainly seems simpler and more user friendly.
Once bitten by the rummy bug, you are never shy…try online rummy at Ace2three.com!